Welcome to the Photography Committee page.
We are a team of parent volunteers who love taking photos of our CPHS Football Timberwolves in action!
What we do with the photos:
All the photos taken at the games are uploaded onto our SmugMug account for parents to access free of charge.
Many parents download the photos and have them printed onto canvases, blankets, and photo books. This can be done online with companies such as SmugMug, SnapFish, Costco print and Wal-Mart.
The photos are also used by the committee to create posters, banners and game day programs.
PARENTS, PLEASE READ THIS:
At the end of the Football Season we host a Football Banquet and each football player receives a poster with 10 pictures from the season. We have hundreds of players and thousands of photos so we cannot create these posters without the parents help.
If you want a poster of your son’s football season please do the following:
- Download your favorite pictures of your son after each game
- Save the pictures on your computer
- At the end of the season you will receive an e-mail asking you to send your 10 favorite pictures to a specified e-mail address.
- We will take care of creating the posters for you.
<link to “How to download photos”>
I want to volunteer, but what kind of camera do I need?
In order to create such great products, the quality of the image is of utmost importance.
- DSLR Camera bodies that allow for ISO of 6400 or higher
- Lens: 70-270 with an aperture of 2.8 (the aperture of 2.8 is important for taking action shots in low light/night games)
**If you have a camera body that allows for an ISO of 6400, but you don’t have a zoom lens yet, you can still volunteer. You may not be able to get many action shots, but you could always take close-up pictures of the players on the sideline.
What kind of commitment do I need to make?
- We need at least 2-3 volunteers for each team. Freshmen (A and B teams), JV and Varsity.
- We take pictures of both Home and Away games.
- It’s custom for Freshman parents to take pictures of Freshman games, JV parents take pictures of JV games etc.
- Our most experienced photographers are in charge of the Varsity games and are given special access by the coaches.
We understand that you may not be able to attend all the games, but we just ask that you contact the committee ahead of time. We will work as a team and ensure that we have at least 1 photographer at each game. Our boys and parents love to see the pictures after each game.
How do I become a volunteer?
All parent volunteers are required to be registered through LISD prior to volunteering.
Please click the link below to access the LISD Volunteer Application.
The enrollment begins June 6th, 2015
Contact Monica Cline by e-mail and let her know that you have started your volunteer application and you’re ready to become a parent photographer!